- Deadline for applications
- Date of publication
- Details on the type of contract
- Postdoctoral contract
- Duration of contract
- 14 month
- Salary going from 2330 € until 2870 €/month (to be adjusted based on previous experience of the candidate)
- Name of unit of assignment
- UMR1114 EMMAH Environnement Méditerranéen et Modélisation des Agro-Hydrosystèmes
- Address of unit of assignment
- INRA Domaine Saint-Paul - Site Agroparc 228 route de l'Aérodrome CS40509 - 84914 AVIGNON CEDEX 9
- Website of unit of assignment
- Region of assignment
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
- Working environment
Description: The candidate will develop a methodology for analysing land system dynamics on four case studies around Europe: Vaucluse department (France), the vineyard region around Valencia (Spain), the Rhinluch area (north-west Brandenburg, Germany) and the Kromme Rijn (the Nederlands). In this frame, we define land system as the spatial component including all processes and activities related to land use, such as socio-economic, technological and organizational characteristics, as well as agricultural and non-agricultural soil management (Verburg et al., 2013). The research work is part of the WP4 of the VITAL project “Landscape scale analysis of sustainable intensification pathways”, aiming at analysing past evolution of the case studies in terms of sustainable intensification and the drivers of the changing processes. The candidate will develop a set of indicators considering the land use and its management in addition to the geographic and agronomic structure of the landscape. These indicators will be applied for elaborating a typology of land system for the four case studies and assess its dynamics on the last 15/20 years.
Main activities: the research work will be organized in the following activities:
1. The candidate will collect data on the four case studies, collaborating with the other European team of the VITAL project
2. Then, he/she will elaborate a series of statistical analysis (based on multivariate classification methods) for developing a land system typology.
3. Through the analysis of the evolution on the considered time laps, he/she can identify some change trajectories and related them to sustainable intensification processes.
4. Finally, he/she will carry out a statistical analysis for identifying the drivers of the identified trajectories.
- Training and skills required
Applicant must have a PhD on: life sciences, earth sciences, geography, agronomy or related disciplines.
Requested competences: the candidate must prove deep knowledge on processing and analysis of spatial data trough GIS (software QGis) and on statistical analysis (with R software). In particular, he/she must have proved skills on multivariate statistical methods (cluster analysis and regression trees) and on the main regression analysis methods. A good English level is requested to communicated with the other research team of the project and to participate to the project periodical meeting. Good organisational, relational and communication skills are also requested.
How to apply: you can send a motivation letter and a CV to Marta DEBOLINI (email@example.com). You can also contact me by email or by phone (+33 (0) 4 32 72 23 86) if you want more information on the post-doc.
- Marta DEBOLINI