Most recent media:
AgreenSkills and AgreenSkills+ mobility programmes: encouraging international careers
The AgreenSkills programmes promote the international mobility of young and experienced researchers through incoming and outgoing fellowships. In all disciplinary fields and regardless of nationality, they offer attractive hosting and recruitment conditions. A new call for applications is open until 28 April 2017.
AgreenSkills and AgreenSkills+ are international postdoctoral fellowship programmes co-funded by the EU within the FP7 Marie Curie Actions to promote the international mobility of young and experienced researchers in all fields of life and environmental sciences.
Coordinated by INRA, AgreenSkills+ (2014-2019) completes, extends and enhances the initial AgreenSkills programme (2012-2017). The programme offers:
- support to incoming researchers wanting to carry out a research project in one of the hosting labs members of Agreenium-IAVFF consortium in France;
- support to outgoing researchers, employed by one of the Agreenium-IAVFF institutions who wish to apply to work in a research institution outside France.
No special requirements are to be met as concerns nationality. Applications are open in all disciplines and in both fundamental and targeted research.
Calls for applications are ongoing from 2014 until 2018, with two selection rounds each year, in April and in October.
A new call for applications is open until 28 April 2017.
> Find out more about the eligibility criteria and application conditions
> Find out more about the key dates and deadlines
> Find out more about the programme, hosting conditions: www.agreenskills.eu
> Presentation of the programme (PDF)
Agreenskills in numbers
Between 2012 and 2016, AgreenSkills financed the mobility of 129 researchers, including:
- 92 researchers from all over the world and in a vast range of disciplines on incoming fellowships to France
- 37 researchers, engineers and teacher-researchers from Agreenium-IAVFF members on outgoing fellowships abroad
In total, the AgreenSkills and AgreenSkills+ programmes will finance the equivalent of 312 person-years in international fellowships, for a total budget of 34 million euros, including 13.5 million euros from the European Commission.
meet agreenskills fellows
The AgreenSkills programmes have enabled INRA research units to host foreign researchers:
- Four young researchers, Laura Soler-Vasco, Thibaut Saltet de Sablet, Carmen Alminana-Brines and Vera Laetitia Mulder, hosted in 2014 by INRA Loire Valley > find out more
- Fellow in the 2014–2019 AgreenSkills+ international mobility programme and recipient of the LE STUDIUM® Research Fellowship – Smart Loire Valley, Mohammed Akli Ayoub is also hosted for three years by INRA Loire Valley > find out more
- Andres Silva spent a year in 2013 in INRA’s Food and Social Sciences research unit (Versailles-Grignon) > find out more
INRA researchers have received outgoing fellowships to pursue their career abroad:
- INRA researcher Alexis Peaucelle (Versailles-Grignon) has been working at the UK’s prestigious University of Cambridge since January 2013, thanks to a grant awarded through AgreenSkills. There, he conducts research on the regulation of leaf development in Arabidopsis thaliana > find out more
- Anne-Laure Fameau, researcher at the Biopolymers, Interactions and Assemblies Unit of INRA Angers-Nantes, pursued her research on the development of photostimulable foams from fatty acid assemblies thanks to a six-month fellowship in 2014 at the Technical University of Berlin > find out more (in French)
> Discover other career paths on the Agreenskills website